When they got home, we had a little family party. There was a cake and presents!
Miss E is growing and developing at an astonishing rate. She seems to learn something new every day. Here are some insanity-producing things she has just started doing:
- Shrieking randomly and loudly.
- Taking off all of her clothes and her diaper in the morning in her crib. Luckily, no accidents yet. Sometimes we duct tape her diaper on. Oh yes, we do.
- Whining until we pay attention to her.
Here are some adorable things she has just started doing:
- Yesterday she nursed her baby doll, put it to sleep in the bassinet, and put it in her shopping cart. She told it to "sit down" in exactly the voice I use to ask her to sit down while shopping.
- Last week we went shopping as a family. Dh manned Miss E while I browsed around with the baby. Miss E ran from rack to rack, pulling things off, holding them up to herself and announcing, "This is cute!" What can I say, she learned to shop from the best.
- She finally started saying "I love you." The 'love' is hard for her to form, so she says the whole sentence very slowly: I...wuvvv...you. Picture my heart bursting into a million pieces.